Connecticut Sports Writers' Alliance
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
The Connecticut Sports Writers' Alliance (CSWA) awards an annual one-time $2,500 scholarship to a high school senior from Connecticut who has been admitted to an accredited four-year college for study leading to a career in sports journalism. The scholarship honors the memory of Bohdan Kolinsky, longtime high school sports editor of the Hartford Courant, who died in 2003 at the age of 49.
For consideration applicants must meet ALL requirements of submission by Friday February 23, 2018.
Submission requirements (to be submitted electronically below) are as follows:
1) Completed Application Form
2) Essay (300 word limit) stating why student wishes to pursue a career in sports journalism
3) Uploaded transcript showing evidence of good academic standing through end of latest marking period
4) Uploaded one page letter of recommendation from teacher, advisor or professional familiar with student's journalistic efforts
5) Minimum of 2 and maximum of 3 examples of student journalism UPLOADED - published article, video story, sports play by play, etc.